The portal type plano miller model FLP is designed for mechanical machining of various parts made of cast iron or steel, forged steel or welded structures. This type of machines may perform roughing, finishing and super-finishing milling operations as well as drilling and thread cutting. The machines may be controlled in automatic mode through the CNC equipment or manually (MDI mode) from the central control panel.
Plano Milling Machines – Portal Type (FLP)
The FLP Series, just like the vertical turning lathes are efficient heavy machine tools with the following standard features:
• 3D design for custom made machine;
• Automatic lubrication system;
• Quality cast iron parts to avoid vibration;
• Coolant trough spindle;
• Hardened and ground ways box or steel inserts;
• Choice of hydraulic elements;
• Counter ways with anti friction material;
• Fanuc, Siemens AC servomotors;
• Ballscrew all linear axis;
• Fanuc, Siemens PLC and electric;
• SKF, FAG high precision bearings;
• Choice of Fanuc, Siemens control;
• Heidenhain linear and rotary scales;
• Motorized spindle with ZF gearbox and AC motors;
• Hydrostatic guide ways for X-axis;
• Double pinion rack mechanism for backslash;
• Automatic tool clamping and unclamping compensation X-axis.
The FLP Series, just like the vertical turning lathes are efficient heavy machine tools with the following optional features:
• High pressure coolant through spindle;
• Outside cooling;
• Universal milling head;
• Angular milling head;
• CNC Bi-rotary milling head;
• 90° milling head;
• Machine enclosure guard;
• Telescopic guide ways cover;
• Grinding device;
• Tool magazine 12/16/20 position;
• Two years warranty;
• Twin table.
NUMERICALLY CONTROLLED AXES
The standard version of this type of machine features four numerically controlled axes, as follows:
– X axis – horizontal motion of the work table
– Y axis – horizontal motion of the milling head slide
– Z axis – vertical motion of the milling head
– W axis – vertical motion of the cross rail
The optional version with CNC bi-rotary milling head two more work axes are provided:
– A axis
– C axis.
The machine model FLP3100-CNC-5000 is CE certified.
The work table his 5000 mm long and has travel of 5400 mm. It is made of special cast iron and features “T” slots for work piece setting. The table counter-guideways are coated with anti-friction materials and provided with hydrostatic pockets. The hydrostatic pressure is controlled by means of pressure and flow valves that provide a constant hydrostatic lifting height, regardless the weight of the work piece.
The bed is fixed to the foundation by means of special bolts and levelling pads. It is strongly ribbed to confer a high rigidity to the entire machine. Its guideways are heat treated at 50-52 HRC. The table moves (X axis) along the bed guideways.
The machine frame is composed of two columns, fixed beam and moving cross rail. Columns are made of grey cast iron FcX250 and are strongly ribbed to confer the machine a high rigidity.
X AXIS FEED MECHANISM
The table is driven by A.C. digital servomotor through a kinematic al linkage based on a double pinion-rack mechanism, provided with a backlash take system. The motion of the table along “X” axis is controlled through the CNC unit.
The moving cross rail has a box type structure with inner ribs and hardened and ground guideways (50-52 HRC and Ra = 0.4 respectively). The accuracy and hardness of the longitudinal guideways are very high, in order to provide a good wear resistance and running of milling head motions.
Y AXIS FEED MECHANISM
The horizontal motion of the milling head is generated by the kinematical linkage provided with an A.C. digital servomotor, planetary feed box of type PG 500-ZF and a double nut ball screw.
Z AXIS FEED MECHANISMS
The vertical motion of the milling head (Z axis) is performed by means of a kinematic linkage provided an A.C. digital servomotor, planetary feed box of type PG 500-ZF and a double nut ball screw.
The milling head is composed of a slide that moves along the cross rail guideways (Y axis), a ram that moves vertically inside the slide and includes the main drive mechanism and the milling spindle. The slide is made of grey cast iron, FcX250. The ram guideways are heat treated (through high frequency currents) at approx 50-52 HRC. The counter-guideways of the ram slide are coated with antifriction material, Turcite B. The ram is hydraulically balanced through two cylinders mounted on the ram slide. The ram slide and ram are provided with clamping mechanisms, hydraulically driven.
The milling tool holder is fixed to the spindle by means of a set of disk springs that develop a clamping force of 2200 daN. The tool unclamping is assured by a hydraulic device.
The milling spindle is driven by a built-in digital motor, model OMC-352 Omlat, 45/52 kW (S1/S6) power, 830/973 Nm (S1/S6) torque, maximum rpm 7.000 and ISO 50 DIN 69871 tool clamping.
The machine is fitted with linear and rotary, magnetic systems, made by Amo-Sin, compatible with the numerical control equipment.
HYDRAULIC AND LUBRICATION SYSTEM
The hydraulic and lubrication equipment is composed of hydraulic panels and centralized lubrication units. The hydraulic equipment performs the following functions:
– Table hydrostatic lifting – X axis;
– Lubrication of the X axis feed box;
– Lubrication and cooling of the main drive ZF gearbox;
– Tool holder unclamping;
– Ram balancing;
– Ram slide clamping and unclamping;
– Ram clamping and unclamping.
The machine is fitted with ATOS and DROPSA hydraulic elements.
The electrical equipment is composed of:
– Electric cabinet;
– Electric installation on the machine;
– CNC equipment: numerical control Fanuc GE 31iMb;
– Servo-motors, GE Fanuc;
– Conventional apparatus (contactors, circuit breakers, fuses etc.) made by SIEMENS;
– Control panel.
The electrical equipment provides the running, diagnosis and monitoring of the machine functions, programming and operator interfacing with the machine.
The electric cabinet, control panel, terminal boxes and cables are manufactured and mounted in compliance with the related international standards.
The spindle and feed motors (made by GE Fanuc) are of A.C. type with step less adjustable rpm.